Welcome to MD²'s Web site
MD² (MD2) is a model-driven framework for cross-platform development of mobile applications. Based on a textual DSL, MD2 generates runnable native apps for Android and iOS.PLEASE NOTE: Whereas the project still exists and is further developed, this web page is outdated and refers to a prior version of MD².
Please head to https://wwu-pi.github.io/md2-framework/ for the current documentation and instructions on how to set up the framework!
Or visit the Github repository for the current state of development.
MD2 has been developed by the Group for Practical Computer Science at the Department of Information Systems, University of Münster. It has been presented at several scientific conferences. The following publications describe MD² in detail:
- Heitkötter, H., T. A. Majchrzak and H. Kuchen (2013) “Cross-platform model-driven development of mobile applications with MD2”, Proceedings of the 28th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing. Coimbra, Portugal, ACM, pp. 526–533.
- (German) MD2-DSL – eine domänenspezifische Sprache zur Beschreibung und Generierung mobiler Anwendungen In: Proceedings der 6. Arbeitstagung Programmiersprachen (ATPS), Software Engineering 2013
- Heitkötter, H. and T. A. Majchrzak (2013) “Cross-Platform Development of Business Apps with MD²”, Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. on Design Science at the Intersection of Physical and Virtual Design (DESRIST), Springer, pp. 405–411.
- Heitkötter, H., H. Kuchen and T. A. Majchrzak (2015) “Extending a Model-Driven Cross-Platform Development Approach for Business Apps”, Science of Computer Programming (SCP), vol. 97, Part 1, pp. 31–36.
- Majchrzak, T. A., J. Ernsting and H. Kuchen (2015) “Achieving Business Practicability of Model-Driven Cross-Platform Apps”, OJIS, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 3–14.
- Majchrzak, T. A. and J. Ernsting (2015) “Reengineering an Approach to Model-Driven Development of Business Apps”, 8th SIGSAND/PLAIS EuroSymposium 2015, Gdansk, Poland. Danzig, Polen, pp. 15–31.
- Dageförde, J. C., T. Reischmann, T. A. Majchrzak and J. Ernsting (2016) “Generating App Product Lines in a Model-Driven Cross-Platform Development Approach”, 49th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS). Koloa, HI, USA, pp. 5803–5812.
- Evers, S., J. Ernsting, T. A. Majchrzak and S. Evers (2016) “Towards a Reference Architecture for Model-Driven Business Apps”, System Sciences (HICSS), 49th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS). Koloa, HI, USA, pp. 5731–5740.
- Ernsting, J., C. Rieger, F. Wrede and T. A. Majchrzak (2016) “Refining a Reference Architecture for Model-Driven Business Apps”, Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WEBIST 2016), Rome, Italy, 23-25 April, 2016, pp. 307–316.
For now, this web site gives access to the following content. It refers to a previous release of MD² and is outdated! The source code of the current version of MD² can be found at https://github.com/wwu-pi/md2-framework. We are working on updating the documentation as soon as possible.